I was asked what was in my pockets the other day. Odd question, but useful answers. Here’s more details re: a few items I mentioned in a previous productivity post.
I carry the same items in my pockets day in and day out, with one additional flashlight carried during the six months of shorter days during winter.
- Leatherman Expanse pocketknife with both types of full size screwdrivers + bottle opener/carabiner clip
- Space pen + hipster PDA (2.5″ x 3″ cards)
- iPhone 3GS + cheap wired earbuds/mic (because they break every 3 months)
- Streamlight tactical flashlight
- Quark 123 backup flashlight
- Gerber Curve Mini Tool (sometimes alternate with CRKT mini KISS knife on keyring, mostly not) backup blade + screwdrivers + bottle opener
- Paracord king cobra lanyard
- Money clip wallet from Fossil (the best fit for me after dozens of clips over the years)
I’m a dork for pocket knives; my next one is likely the Leatherman Expanse after my current one bites the dust. In a recent trip to a tropical humid location, almost 30% of the knife developed rust…in just two weeks! Weirdest thing, but a bath in naval jelly solved the problem.